A Solution Focused Narrative Therapy Approach
Online Training for Clinicians of Color
About this Training
Solution-focused narrative therapy is a transformative approach that empowers individuals to overcome challenges and create positive change. Focusing on the client’s strengths, resources, and successes helps amplify their sense of agency and resilience. The combination of solution-focused and narrative techniques fosters a collaborative and empowering therapeutic relationship where the client’s expertise is acknowledged and utilized. This brief, goal-oriented approach helps clients achieve their desired outcomes promptly, leading to sustainable and long-lasting results. Ultimately, Solution Focused Narrative Therapy is a powerful tool for individuals looking to transform their lives and therapists seeking to facilitate meaningful change.
- Attendees will utilize specific solution-focused strategies, including miracle and best-hopes questions, to improve clinical outcomes.
- Attendees will compare the benefits of utilizing a solution-focused narrative therapy approach versus other evidence-based treatment models.
- Attendees will implement solution-focused narrative interventions that shift the conversation from “problem talk” toward productive, solution-oriented talk.
- Attendees will assess the practical benefits and limitations of utilizing a solution-focused narrative treatment approach with clients.
- Attendees will summarize the current research on the efficacy of a solution-focused narrative approach to treatment.
- Attendees will implement the structure and questions of the Solution Focused Narrative Therapy approach with their clients in an ethical way.
Target audience — Social workers, counselors, psychologists, and marriage and family therapists.
About Your Trainer
Dr. Linda Metcalf is a licensed professional counselor and a professor of counseling at Texas Wesleyan University. With over 35 years of experience in counseling and psychology, she is a renowned author, speaker, and trainer in Solution-Focused Narrative Therapy. Dr. Metcalf has written numerous books and articles on counseling, including “Solution-Focused Narrative Therapy,” “Counseling Toward Solutions,” and “Parenting Toward Solutions.” Her work has been recognized nationally and internationally, and she has received many awards for her contributions to counseling. Dr. Metcalf is also an active member of the American Counseling Association and the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association. Through her teaching, writing, and counseling, Dr. Metcalf has impacted the lives of countless individuals and continues to inspire others to create positive change in their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
This event costs $75
Paying COCOA members get free or discounted access to our trainings. The discounts are:
– 50% off for Associate/Gold
– FREE for Legacy/Diamond
Sign up for the Clinicians of Color Online Academy (COCOA) to get access to discounts.
Participants who complete this entire training program and its evaluation are eligible for five and a half (5.5) NBCC hours. Clinicians of Color, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7256. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Clinicians of Color, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Credits will be offered for Counselors and all other designations will be provided Certificates of Completion.
Credits will be available for purchase AFTER the event for an additional cost of $27.50.
Replays will be available for those who register for a limited time
You will get the Zoom link before the training begins. If you have any questions, you can email us email@example.com
A list of upcoming trainings you can register can be found on our Training Calendar page.
Register for this Training
Choose the number of tickets you are purchasing for this event: