**EVENT POSTPONED - TO BE RESCHEDULED**
About this Training
Essential topics include conceptualizing cases according to the cognitive model, structuring sessions, developing a sound therapeutic relationship, and collaboratively developing Action Plans. You will practice by using CBT techniques on yourself, to give you a greater understanding of why and how to use specific interventions and how to better explain the rationales and process to clients. Role play demonstrations, annotated transcripts, conceptualization diagrams, worksheets, and clinical roundtables with a panel of expert therapists illustrate the main principles of CBT treatment.
- Understand the basic principles and assumptions of CBT.
- Develop knowledge of the theoretical foundations and empirical support for CBT.
- Understand the role of assessment in CBT and how to conduct a thorough assessment of presenting problems and symptoms.
- Develop knowledge of the core CBT techniques, such as cognitive restructuring, exposure, and behavioral activation.
- Develop the ability to conceptualize cases from a CBT perspective and develop treatment plans based on this conceptualization.
- Understand how to implement CBT techniques with sensitivity to client diversity and individual differences.
- Develop skills in conducting effective therapeutic sessions using CBT techniques.
- Understand the importance of the therapeutic relationship in CBT and how to establish and maintain this relationship.
- Develop skills in adapting CBT techniques for different populations, such as children, adolescents, and older adults.
- Understand the ethical and professional considerations involved in practicing CBT, such as informed consent, confidentiality, and scope of practice.
About Your Trainer
Omar G. Gudiño, PhD, ABPP is Associate Professor and Associate Director in the Clinical Child Psychology Program at the University of Kansas. He is a Beck Institute CBT Certified Clinician and is also board certified in Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. Dr. Gudiño’s program of research examines racial/ethnic disparities in children’s mental health and the delivery of evidence-based services to diverse youth and families. He has expertise in delivery of CBT in real-world settings (e.g., schools, juvenile justice, community mental health), trauma-related problems in children and adolescents, and use of CBT with diverse populations. He provides training in child and adolescent CBT to mental health trainees and professionals and serves as a CBT consultant and trainer for organizations.
Dr. Gudiño is Associate Editor for the Journal of Latinx Psychology; President-Elect (2021) of the American Board of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology; and a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Society of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology.
Frequently Asked Questions
This event costs $425
This can be paid in one or two payments.
Paying COCOA members get free or discounted access to our trainings. The discounts are:
$100.00 off for Legacy and Diamond members
$50.00 off for Associate and Gold members
Sign up for the Clinicians of Color Online Academy (COCOA) to get access to discounts.
Participants who complete this entire training program and its evaluation are eligible for 18 (eighteen) NBCC hours. Clinicians of Color, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7256. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Clinicians of Color, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Credits will offered for Counselors and all other designations will be provided Certificates of Completion.
No, there will be NO replay available after these events.
You will get the Zoom link before the training begins. If you have any questions, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of upcoming trainings you can register can be found on our Training Calendar page.
Register for this Training
Choose the number of tickets you are purchasing for this event: