Build a successful school-based mental health practice
Online Training for Clinicians of Color
About this Training
Overview: This comprehensive training program is designed for mental health providers looking to establish or enhance their practice in school settings. The course offers a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills crucial for operating successfully within the unique dynamics of a school environment.
- Understanding the School Environment: Participants will learn to navigate the complexities of school systems, fostering effective collaboration with educators and administrators.
- Legal and Ethical Framework: The training emphasizes the importance of adhering to legal and ethical standards, including confidentiality, parental consent, and reporting obligations.
- Clinical Skills for School Settings: Focused on equipping providers with relevant therapeutic techniques, the program covers assessment, individual and group therapy strategies, and crisis management, all tailored to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Parent and Community Engagement: Strategies to engage parents and the wider community are discussed, emphasizing the role of caregivers and community support in the mental health of students.
- Operational Management: Practical guidance on setting up and managing the day-to-day operations of a school-based mental health practice, including scheduling, billing, and handling referrals.
About Your Trainer
Lisa R. Savage, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker and a prominent mental health advocate based in Delaware. With a career in private practice that dates back to 1998, Lisa has been instrumental in shaping the landscape of mental health services in the state. Her commitment to improving the lives of individuals, particularly children and families, has driven her to establish and lead successful initiatives in the field. Lisa is the founder of the Center for Child Development (CCD), established in April 2007. Under her leadership, CCD has expanded its reach across New Castle, Kent, and Sussex counties, partnering with over 115 Delaware public, private, vocational, and charter schools. This initiative has been pivotal in providing in-school services to Delaware’s students and serving as the mental health consultant to various Head Start programs and the Delaware Adolescent Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
This event costs $FREE
This is a free event for COCOA MEMBERS ONLY.
Sign up for the Clinicians of Color Online Academy (COCOA) to get access to discounts.
There will be no credits for this event.
Replays will be available for those who register for a limited time
You will get the Zoom link before the training begins. If you have any questions, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of upcoming trainings you can register can be found on our Training Calendar page.
Register for this Training
Choose the number of tickets you are purchasing for this event: