Become trained in an in demand treatment modality
About this Training
Get trained in DBT to improve outcomes with clients who have difficulties with emotional regulation, personality disorders, and trauma. After this training, you will have the skills necessary to practice DBT. Unfortunately, there are very few BIPOC providers trained in this modality. The demand is very high for therapists with these skills. Be one of the few providers in your area who trained.
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the biosocial theory and dialectical dilemmas.
- Describe the modes of DBT and function that they serve (e.g. individual, skills training, phone coaching, consultation team).
- Participants will practice use of validation, reciprocal communication, and irreverence.
- Participants will be able to assign client target behaviors in accordance with DBT.
- Participants will learn orientation & commitment strategies for engaging clients in DBT.
- Understand how to structure individual therapy and the key elements that should be addressed in sessions.
- Understand and employ dialectical, change, and validation strategies.
- Describe how to effectively conduct phone coaching and manage crisis situations.
- Identify and describe the content of the 4 skills training modules: Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
About Your Trainer
Dr. Monica Johnson, PsyD
Dr. Monica Johnson is a clinical psychologist and owner of Kind Mind Psychology, a private practice in NYC that specializes in evidence-based approaches to treating a wide range of mental health issues (e.g. depression, anxiety, trauma, and personality disorders). Additionally, she has a focus on working with marginalized groups of people including BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and alternative lifestyles to manage minority stress. She is also dedicated to contributing to her field professionally through speaking, training, supervision, and writing. She routinely speaks at conferences, provides training and workshops at organizations, supervises mental health trainees, and co-authored a book for professionals on addressing race-based stress in therapy. She is the host of Savvy Psychologist, a mental health podcast and on the review board for Verywell Mind a mental health website.
Frequently Asked Questions
This event costs $1350.00 (NO REFUNDS)
You will be able to either: Pay in full today, or in 4 payments
Paying COCOA members get free or discounted access to our trainings. The discounts are:
- $100 off for Associate/Gold
- $200 off for Legacy/Diamond/Platinum Intensive
Sign up for the Clinicians of Color Online Academy (COCOA) to get access to discounts.
Information about credits coming soon
You will get the Zoom link before the training begins. If you have any questions, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org