ABOUT THE TRAINING
By attending this workshop participants will be able to:
• Define and identify at-risk youth and the multiple facets that challenge them and their families.
• Understand historical and generational components that exacerbate mistrust towards those in the helping profession.
• Determine barriers to treatment and how to reduce their impact for this population.
• Understanding the impact of protective and risk factors related to at-risk youth.
• Employ therapeutic techniques and considerations to create a healthy therapeutic alliance and invoke long-term change.
• Understand practical do’s and don’ts to encourage empowerment of the Clinician and the Client.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER
Crystal Lockett-Thomas, LPC, NCC, BC-TMH Crystal is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Nationally Certified Counselor, and a Board-Certified Telemental Health Provider based in Texas with extensive experience working with at-risk youth, concentrating on assisting them in developing healthy perspectives and building high emotional intelligence. She has worked for the Texas Juvenile Justice Department where she assisted male juvenile offenders, specifically those who committed violent crimes, in the process of building empathy and reducing recidivism. As Clinical Director, she is responsible for providing support and training to other therapeutic staff in her private practice agency to enhance the overall client experience. She also enjoys providing CEU trainings on various platforms for other mental health professionals and those in other helping fields. Last, she also has the great privilege to help shape the next generation in her service as an Adjunct Faculty member for the Collin College educational system.
Frequently Asked Questions
This event costs $25
There will be no CEUs for this event.
You will get the Zoom link before the training begins. If you have any questions, you can email us email@example.com
Register for this training
The deadline to register for this event has passed.